Simple steps to care for an above-ground pool
Caring for an above-ground pool is as important as caring for an in-ground pool. Here are simple steps to take when caring for your above-ground pool so you can keep your water clean, sparkling and healthy all season long.
- Run the pump for at least 8 hours a day
- Ensures your water is circulating properly.
- Makes it more difficult for bacteria and algae to form.
- Keep your filter clean
- Keeps your pool clean by catching and removing debris and other particles.
- Brush and vacuum pool once a week
- This helps reduce the potential of algae growth.
- Test & balance water regularly
- Keeping your pool water balanced ensures swimmer comfort.
- Maintain pH levels between 7.2-7.6.
- Maintain a constant level of chlorine in the pool
- Use chlorine tabs to maintain chlorine levels.
- Shock pool water weekly for clean, clear water, especially after use or heavy rain.
- Maintain chlorine levels of 1-4 ppm.
- Never swim if Free Chlorine exceeds 4 ppm.